W4: MEXICO MTC



I've officially been a missionary for over a month now and boy does time fly. I am trying to enjoy each day and live in the moment.  I got my flight information for Chile. I fly out of Mexico City at 550AM in about 2 weeks and have a 9 hour flight down to Santiago. After that I think we either take a bus or another flight down to Puerto Montt.  It will probably end up being like a full 36 hour travel thing. Because my flight leaves at 5AM, we have to be at the Bus at 1AM. It is going to be a long day of travel.


(Heidi here who did some research on this. My mind is blown.  Did you know traveling from the North to South of Chile is the same as going from the East to West of the United States? Chile is 2650 miles long, which is 250 miles less than traveling across the States. It takes 12+ hours by car from Santiago to Puerto Montt (the northernmost part of his mission) and 4 hours by plane so guessing it will not be a car ride to Puerto Montt. Depending on where he serves , it could be another 2-3 hour plane ride south. Back to scott now)....  

We took a Spanish evaluation test and I ended up getting a 4.3/10. Lets gooo. Its actually a kinda decent score. Native speakers only get like a 8, so I am encouraged that I was able to get that high. I didn't like Spanish in high school. My district took a lot of Spanish in high school but my dad spoke to us a lot so thanks dad!  

I have a third companion now. He was supposed to leave this week but got dental work so he will leave next week for his mission. He's a cool dude but has been in a lot of pain recently. Ive really been trying my best to brush my teeth really well because I really do not want to have to go to the dentist while I'm in Chile. 

I play a lot of volleyball on days that I don't run. There is a very wide range of talent here at the CCM. One guy is from Tonga or Samoa and he is really good.  He is like 6'5, We are able to run set patterns and he is fun to play with. 

The MTC presidency found out that I play the piano. I've been trying to keep it on the down low so I don´t have to play for meetings. Normally my companion plays the piano and I just conduct the music but now I think they know that I can play so they might call on me. 

This weekend is general conference where we listen to the prophet and leaders of our church.  We get to sit in comfy chairs where we have devotionals which is cool but we don't get to eat in the devotional room which is not cool. Every year my family makes cinnamon rolls and homemade snickers to listen to conference.  If you want to learn about Jesus, tune in. Here's Sister Fiave explaining conference Welcome to General Conference.  

All is good and God is great. I really like my mission so far.  Feel free to shoot me an email, I love hearing from all of you. Email me at scott.mcmillan@missionary.org
 
- Elder McMillan 
Here are my favorite pics of the week.  I didn't take as many pics this week. 
1st Me, Elder Anderson, Elder Smith, Elder Brossard. Elder Anderson (far left) is now in our trio with me and Elder Brossard for a week.  He had to stay behind to get dental work done. 
2nd is me with my key player sticker. I am a key player for God
3rd photo those who know know 
4th Me and Elder Brossard
5th a nice handstand 
6th Our district on the way back from the temple. Our teacher is in the middle.
7th My teacher loves being a Costco member. He wants to be a pilot in America.  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NORTHGATE SWIM SENIOR DAY

W3: 3/18/2024 - MEXICO CCM

W7: Quellon, Chileo Islands