W15: Groundhog Days

This week was pretty average. I don't think really anything out of the blue happened. But here is the email none the less. 

It is getting really cold down here in Quellon. Like it rains a lot. Its pretty cold too. So most of the days I end up wearing a down Parka from The North Face, Helly Hansen Ski pants, and Water proof hiking boots. Thanks to all my gear I actually stay pretty dry which was nice. An added bonus when I wear all my winter gear is that I look like a giant. The coats make me look like 50lbs heavier, so I like to tell myself that when I wear the coat that no body is going to rob me because I'm too intimidating. 

We had the opportunity to teach an english class this week. The english classes are fun to teach and it is a good way to practice my Spanish. We didn't know if anyone was going to come because it was a straight up rain storm outside but 5 people showed up to try and learn english. If only our gospel friends where this motivated to come to church. 

One day we did end up walking way out to one of our friends. I plugged it into google maps and it turns out that it was around 2 miles away. So we trecked out there in the rain only for them to not be home. Bruh moment fr. A pretty average day consists of like 5 miles of walking. But this is not your average slow pace walking. It is the missionary power walk. Cant waste time walking slow so we walk with speed to every single visit we go to. 

We did kinda get harassed by another homeless dude. This one was a little more worry some because he was right by our apartment so I had to fumble around with the keys trying to get in as he was telling us we need to give him money. I really hope we don't ever see him again. 

I am on the mission workout Grind. Shout out to Jack, Lee, Bailey and Aj for some fire body weight routines. Pretty much my only goal with my exercise is to avoid turning into a dough boy. They mostly consist of pull ups and pushups. Hopefully I don't get too fat lol. 

My goal for this week was to learn how to roll my r's. Its' actually really hard for me to do for some reason. So whenever Im walking and there are no people around I just practice rolling my r's. I probably look like a crazy gringo but hey its going to help my accent. My Spanish has gotten a little better and its now getting a lot easier to understand people. My biggest obstacle is old people. They are my achilles heal. They just mumble and slur all of their words and it is impossible to understand them. So whenever I just cant understand them I just laugh, say si, and give them a thumbs up. It works like 80% of the time. 

Love you all, hope you have a good week, and let's hope that Dressel can make the olympics. 

Pics....1. Critters be gone....Sanitation Trucks are apparently sigma!  2. Same photo different companero with sigma glasses. 3. Quellon at night! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NORTHGATE SWIM SENIOR DAY

W3: 3/18/2024 - MEXICO CCM

W7: Quellon, Chileo Islands