W21: Sea Lions and Naps

This week was a bit of a blur but tis the life of the mission. You do a lot of the same daily. Took a bus nap almost every day this week which is both a blessing and a curse of the sector I am in right now. Don't get me wrong, a nice nap every once is great but you lose a lot of time that I could be doing missionary work. Not to mention it is expensive. The mission pays for the busses but I have to wait like a week to get reimbursed so I end of running out of money for essentials.  

On Tuesday the APs came to talk to us. Every week all the missionaries in our area have a council. Kinda like a Jedi council. We all just talk about all of the friends we have in teaching and the ways we can help them. This week the APs (assistants to the president) came to our council. The APs are pretty much super righteous baller missionaries that go sidequests to help everyone and pass on training from the president. My previous companion Elder Hollingshead (may he rest in peace) was an AP and he just said you go on a bunch of sidequests at the request of the president. They gave some great advice and one of them used to serve in the sector I am in now so we where able to talk about Quellon. 

Also we had a birthday party in our sector. It was one of our members sons birthdays so we went and ate some pizza with them. They are a super awesome family and it was fun to get pizza. Sometimes it's the little things in life. I am going to look for a tie for him because he wants to go on a mission.  Fire him up. 

Since we live right on the shoreline sometimes as we are walking we get to see sea lions. This week I saw one that had a fish in its mouth and it was taunting all the seagulls that where flying around. It would surface and catch the attention of the birds then dive back down. It was pretty funny to watch. I mean there is no way that animals don't have a sense of humor. I'll attach a video of it next week.  Can't seem to upload now. 

We are teaching some great people.  It is always see people accept Christ into their lives more fully.  I love you all! Enjoy summer while I continue to walk in the winter rain. 

Love, Elder McMillan 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NORTHGATE SWIM SENIOR DAY

W3: 3/18/2024 - MEXICO CCM

W7: Quellon, Chileo Islands