W22: Conference and Lluvia

Whats going on everybody...its Elder McMillan here back with another weekly update. If I did a vlog thats probably how I would start it. We had kind of a crazy week in Quellon even though I spent like 4 days away from my sector for zone conference in Puerto Montt... 
Zone conference was super epic. I get to see the grand total of the 2 people I know in the mission outside my district!!  While most are dead who I know, I did get to see my fellow CCM survivor Hermana Palmer!

It rained a lot in Chile this week. It takes a long time to walk to your location and you get soaked in pouring rain.  An important side note is that I am in a full suit and tie during all of this traveling. On the way back from Puerto Montt they played a Jackie Chan movie (Rush Hour 2) which I didn't  really understand in Spanish but the fight scenes were pretty funny and the beginning of the new Willy Wonka which seems a little strange. Kind of nice not having TV.  We arrived back to Castro and followed tradition by eating a huge Chorianna (loaded french fries). 

I was staying in Castro as seen above so my zone leader could go back to Quellon to do a baptism interview with Elder Coc. I didn't have all the clothes I needed for the pouring rain, let alone spare clothes.  So we ventured into the pouring rain to visit a member and on the way I slipped in the inches of pouring rain, fell and got mud all over my pants. It was bad. When I got to the members house I asked if they had a rag to look somewhat presentable and not trek mud into their home members house and they kept telling me to take off my pants and borrow sweatpants so they could wash and dry my pants. I was like uhhhhh but they insisted. Luckily I had decided to layer up and put on a pair of checkered pj pants underneath my dress pants to ward off the cold since I am pretty sure nobody has my size pants here in Chile. So while they washed my dress pants I just hung out in my white shirt and tie with my pj checkered pants....Go Aquabears. I guess we just gotta go with the flow. 

I have this new weight thingy (see above) that I fill with water and now I do a bunch of crazy workouts in the morning. And I bought protein powder so I can start the bulk... Scott 2.0 is about to be crazy in 2026. We made homemade bread rolls.  I got a recipe and I am going to try to make my own bread. It was good.  

Elder Coc and I are working hard in the rain in our little town of Quellon. 
 
Anyways love you all and hope you have a fire week. 
- Elder McMillan 

Pics from Zone conference.  Our zone, our MTC district attendees and me and my comp, Elder Coc. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NORTHGATE SWIM SENIOR DAY

W3: 3/18/2024 - MEXICO CCM

W7: Quellon, Chileo Islands