W31:

First off you should all join my google photos. Thats where I upload all of the fire flicks. https://photos.app.goo.gl/MeSu7s9Vg6jNCaap9 So this week was basically cooked. We had pday on Tuesday instead of Monday because of interviews with President. Thursday night we went to Osorno and spent the night there since we needed to get to Zone conference on Friday in Valdivia. The Elders forgot to pay their electricity bill so we didn't have any power for a few hours. Got up the next morning and Conference was pretty fire just really tiring with a lot of traveling. We didn't get back to our house until 9PM. Good news of the week is that we finally got an Electric Heater so our house isn't super super cold all the time!!! Saw some of the old CCM dawgs. We completed 7 months to the day at the conference. Mission has been like the Truman Show lately. So it can get really easy to lose track of time. Like bruh what do you mean we're already in October? Before I know it Christmas and summer will be here. Maybe we won't need our heater anymore someday. Also another monumentous thing happened. I have 4 tranfers in the field so the Sisters that arrived this cambio will finish their missions with me which is kinda crazy. Other than that we had General Conference this weekend so that took up a ton of our time. General Conference is a meeting broadcast all over the world to listen to the leaders, prophet and apostles of our Church. So many good messages. One thing that is so awesome is that they announced we are getting a temple in Puerto Montt. Lets go. Its honestly pretty hype. It just goes to show that we actually are making a difference and that we just aren't walking around in the dirt all day. The mission group chat went crazy when it was announced. It was super cool to see the reactions of all the members when it was announced. Sad that I will not me in the mission when the temple is completed. I might not even be here when they start building it, but I can always come back when I return to be a normal person again and super excited for everyone here. So many great messages and reminders focusing on the Savior. Elder Kearon said, "Christ’s great atoning gift removes every roadblock of physical and spiritual death that would separate us from our eternal home. Everything about the Father’s plan for His beloved children is designed to bring everyone home." Pretty cool that I get to go out and teach people about Christ everyday and hopefully spread some hope that Christ is always here for us and loves us. One person asked me this week if I was allowed to watch TV when I was at home. And home as in In the United States home. I said yeah. He had this puzzled look on his face. I then explained that we are normal people and the mission life is just an abnormal time. But like I had instagram and everything before the mission. So if you guys ever see some missionaries in the streets remember that they are normal people and they probably do have a life. Be kind to them. They might have just walked around in the dirt a lot that day. - Elder McMillan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NORTHGATE SWIM SENIOR DAY

W3: 3/18/2024 - MEXICO CCM

W7: Quellon, Chileo Islands